No big news, really. We are waiting on the state to put their state-y approval on the real estate transaction. Doris’ estate is selling to Luella’s, so Luella will actually own the house that she put up for sale. (grumble) Realtor called to say that they sound a lot more on point than they have before, which is better than the general malaise they seemed affected by previously. Except he didn’t say malaise.
Even tho that is an excellent word. (malaise malaise malaise)
Seemingly unrelated, now I want tuna.
Realtor Curtis said that they have also put in the work order to clean up the trash that is in the yard. Positive things, my friends, positive!
This past weekend I did the walk-through, and everything looked as it should. They left eleventy billion plastic hangers in the closet, but that was remedied easily. There was something about the furnace that Curtis talked about, and I could not follow at all. Other than they are having someone to come out and look at it, and it should not get in the way of the closing.
(Which is looking likely to happen next week. I will be excited more when I have put pen to paper and officially own the house. Not really able to before that really really occurs.)
This home will be the first place I have lived where it matters about heating, and it makes me nervous. I foresee trips to the library to check books out about radiators. I have an excellent coping technique of dealing with house anxiety by researching. The only time I have encountered radiators before has been when people have turned them into clever little side tables. Which I will not be doing, I will be needing them to keep me and Mal from freezing to death. Previously I only worried about choking to death somehow and Mal eating my face off so I could not be identified. Thank you 30 Rock. Now I worry about freezing to death. Or being snowed in by 8 foot snowbanks. And then the furnace not working. Well, I don’t worry constantly about it, it’s more like I have these wandering little thoughts that are new for me. And then I research them, and feel better about it.
Point being, I don’t know nuthin about furnaces, Miss Scarlett.
I did go by the house with Kro on Sunday, and got all the plastic hangers out of the closets. Filled up an entire garbage bag full of them. I am not taking a picture of the trash pile in the yard in the hopes that it will be gone, very soon. If it is not, I will take a picture as a form of retribution to expose the unjustness of that trash pile.
No, I do not require myself to make sense, ever.
I could tell he had a different mental picture of what the house looked like. It is probably a reaction to the amazing and terrifying wall colors. Or the shoulder high weeds. Or the truly tiny shock of kitchen. All are plausible reactions. Shrug. Yesterday I took the folks with me to measure out the floor plan, and they are more accustomed to what real estate in my price range looks like. They were charmed, I think. The wee little house has good bones. We measured all the bits and corners and surprisingly varied window sizes, and now I have this
(house floor plan with possible furniture placements)
to brainstorm over for the next several weeks. I also have an estimate for flooring cost, and paint cost. I am aware that I need to go buy 3 gallons of primer paint, and begin the patching and sanding process. And I want to go get paint samples and start experimenting.
If I was not going to NY this weekend- guess what I'd be doing!

No comments:
Post a Comment