August 11, 2009

but there's a happy ending

I've been going to home buyer's seminars,and have learned some really great stuff. As part of it, I got an individual session, going over my specifics. How much I can borrow, how much I can feasibly pay a month, ect. I came out with a low number, but a completely workable number. I filled the loan paperwork out, mailed it off. Less than a week later, on a Saturday, the loan people sent me my pre-qualify numbers.
Which is $70K less than what the seminar people told me.
I can get a single wide in bumblefuck county.
And I had all weekend to be bummed out. I came up with alternate plan to be sure, just a much less exciting plan. But, life goes on!
Then I went out to my car Monday morning, ready to start calling all the people and finding out what's happened. But, uh, the windows in the car are fogged up, but aren't getting any better. I switch on the wipers.
This lovely sheet of paper starts swishing across my view.

My car has been hotdogged. I heart teenagers. I'm going to set Malichai on them next time. If I hear another durn giggle in the front lawn, out goes the attack, uh, 16lb dog! YEAH!
Any who, kept slogging through my day. Calling, leaving messages, Calling, leaving messages, calling again. Turns out there's Student loans that while they are in deferment, they still count. stupid student loans.
But if I got rid of all my CC debt, I could get the loan amount back up that $70K.
So now I have no CC debt anymore, but I only have 330 in savings. Not gonna pay the legal fees, not so much. Back to saving, and I'll start again in October. About a 3 month delay, and I start looking for mi casa!
I'll try and keep major updates here, but I am in the most mind-numbingly horrible class and I get distracted easy. Without the shiny parts.
Speaking of the darling little farting one, off to the doggie walk!

No comments: